Sharon Stone Quotes

1. Women might be able to fake orgasms. But men can fake whole relationships.


2. People don't change their behavior unless it makes a difference for them to do so.

3. A woman has many faces as she goes through her life. It's like we need more than one hair-do. We have many, many changes in the evolution of our lives. We have, we learn, and we grow; we view life differently, and life views us differently.

4. Ava Gardner was the most beautiful woman in the world, and it's wonderful that she didn't cut up her face. She addressed aging by picking up her chin and receiving the light in a better way. And she looked like a woman. She never tried to look like a girl.

5. I like to be bought flowers and taken out for dinner. I like a man to be a gentleman. I don't like to be treated as if I am brainless. I like to be respected and to give respect.

6. I like to be treated as a lady.

7. It's my experience that you really can't lose when you try the truth.







8. If you act like you know what you're doing, you can do anything you want - except neurosurgery.

9. Before I was a year old I walked and talked and I was even potty trained. When I started going to school I think I got on everyone's nerves because I used to ask adult questions rather than settle for the stuff usually fed to kids.

10. At first it was exhilarating but when I realized it wasn't going away, it became scary and claustrophobic. Fame is a weird thing.



11. I couldn't stop looking at the award when I received it. It was as if my whole career flashed in front of me, from beginning to the moment I was handed the Golden Globe.

12. I did a guest appearance on The Practice and loved it.

13. I feel like war should occur only for the most vital and necessary reasons, and only then.

14. I drive with my knees. Otherwise, how can I put on my lipstick and talk on my phone?



15. I don't think you ever think that you have made it but I did take a look at myself one day and think back to when I was a little girl and it was nice to know that I had at least made it this far.

16. I knew what I wanted to do even when I was a little girl.

17. I have known for some time that I can meet any man I want but that does not mean that I want to meet anyone. I certainly don't like being forced into situations.

18. I like being a woman, not a girl.




19. I loved old black and white movies, especially the Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers musicals. I loved everything about them - the songs, the music, the romance and the spectacle. They were real class and I knew that I wanted to be in that world.

20. I think it's really important that the people who are going to make decisions for other people have fair, truthful and compassionate regard for all people, not just some people.

21. I loved the movies and I wanted to be like Marilyn Monroe. I thought she was so glamorous and everyone seemed to love her. I wanted to be like that and I told everyone I would be the next Marilyn Monroe.

22. I thought it might be a good move to get into a beauty contest so I tried for Miss Pennsylvania and won. I think that helped me get noticed, at least by the people of Pennsylvania.

23. I tried for modeling work but it was a bit slow and that's when I took a part-time job at McDonalds. It gave me income while I was waiting for my big break and at the very least I could eat.

24. I think we have to be not so afraid of scarcity. We have to be willing to give away all things.

25. I was in Woody Allen's Stardust Memories in 1980. It was only a bit part and I didn't get to speak but I felt that I was in a real movie and heading where I had always wanted to be.

26. I've had the same breasts for my entire adult life.

27. It was not always easy because I was always an individual and found it difficult to be one of a group. One person who was very supportive was my father. My mother was great but my father really recognized my individuality and supported me in that.

28. Many actresses do that kind of shoot when they are in their early 20s but I didn't think I had anything to worry about so I decided to go for it. I was very pleased with the results and it was also nice to surprise a few people.

29. Nobody took me too seriously but I was grown up even as a baby.

30. Some people work hard in this business and become really popular, really big stars but they never receive an award from within the business. Somehow, when your colleagues and friends believe in you to the point of handing you an award it means so much more.

31. There are a lot of good things about being famous but there are a few not so good things too.

32. The doctor told Phil, my then husband, that my condition was really bad news. They had found an artery tearing and said I could die. They said they could try to patch it up but it could go horribly wrong. It all turned out okay in the end but it was touch and go.

33. TV is so different from the movies. It takes a lot of stamina because you work such long hours. It is really challenging. You are learning the next day's lines while you are shooting today's scenes. I found courage I never realized I had. I hope to do more.

34. To be happy, to make other people happy, to get into movie production more and probably to give some other people the chances that I had, to carry on enjoying being a mum and never to stop having flowers bought for me. I've still got a long way to go.

35. Well, I think when we can turn to the person sitting next to us and really see them with kindness and see ourselves reflected back - when there's some dignity and compassion traveling back and forth.



36. You know, sometimes I feel well and vital in the world, and sometimes I just feel so distressed I want to pull my hair out by the roots.

37. When you're a regular gal, you look in the rearview mirror, and in the bright daylight you see that line around your mouth, but when you're an actress and you see that line up on the big screen, it's, like, seven feet long.





38. When I'm with my friends' teenage children, I always say: "Are your friends having sex yet?"

39. If you have a v... and an attitude in this town, then that's a lethal combination.

40. I love the fact British men act cool whatever the situation so I'm planning to recruit there.






41. A lot of people think that fame is the Band-Aid that cures their ills. I'm no kid, and I knew long before I got famous that wasn't the deal. I'm the court jester, not the queen.

42. The philosophy of being able as a woman to decide what you want and being unashamed about making it happen was new. Most successful businessmen are in that role. "No" is never perceived as the end of the line. "No" just means picking a new avenue.

43. If you are in here and haven't made a mistake, I'd like to meet you because I've been waiting for Jesus - and today would be the day.





44. I met Lana in her final years and liked her a great deal. We got along really well. She said if there was a film to be made on her life, then I was her choice.

45. I try not to get quite so pushy.

46. I just love Max.

47. Get me Jessica Alba.

48. It's really, really research too because you can educate people, but if they don't have the tools, or are not allowed to use the available tools for whatever religious or cultural reasons, then you can't educate them in any way that is going to change anything.

49. Our world has changed and our children are in danger. I choose to surrender my right to bear arms in exchange for the peace of mind of doing the right thing.

50. We as a nation are in pain. And, as always, we have the opportunity to change our world into a safer, more loving, more thoughtful environment for our children.




51. I think I had the best chemistry with Ellen that I had with anybody. Anne is a wonderful director and wrote a beautiful project for us. We really believed in it.

52. It's sheer pleasure to watch this thing.

53. As for Kate Moss, I understand that she has apologized and is changing her life and I think that that is the most important thing.





54. Whether or not a house stands with her or not through it says more about the house than it does about her.

55. Because someone who doesn't allow someone to fail and change and grow - it doesn't say very much about them, in my opinion.

56. Mr Dior had a vision. He knew what taste was, he knew what style was. And he knew what made a woman pretty. And I don't think that's changed from (then) till now.

57. If you can't get (sex) with this trip, you're too old and should stay home and watch The Golden Girls.




58. I just love doing it…to be small enough and humble enough that I remember why I'm there. And to be big enough that I can play catch with that many people. (Before her work is done, Stone will have raised more than $150,000)

59. I believe that if you truly, truly love your children, you need to supply condoms in a place in your home, at a quantity that makes it a nonjudgmental situation for them to have them.

60. During these trips with Mimi, many late evenings were spent talking, crying and figuring out how to help people. Sometimes when you are suffering or just feeling sad, it's nice to have something to sit with, so we came up with the idea of the book using Mimi's photos of angel sculptures.

61. I had a dream that I would arrive in this country.

62. When they're old enough to see that kind of material, then they're old enough to see that kind of material.

63. It's traumatizing for me to come to Washington during a Republican administration because I don't have any Republican clothes. (Washington Post, June 20, 2001)



64. My personal style and public style are very different. When I go out, I play dress up.

65. Never play cards with a guy named Doc. Never eat at a place called Mom's. And never have sex with anybody who has more problems than you do.

66. I find I get to torture a higher class of men. (on the benefits of being famous)




67. I dress up to show that I am happy. (1994)

68. I know it's a difficult time for you to come out to party during such a time of strife in our world. My feeling is that I hope everyone will be safe and protected and taken care of, and our prayers are with the people around the world who will be affected by this. (asked to pay tribute to troops fighting in Iraq)

69. This brilliant, bright, white vortex of light was upon me. And then I was met by some of my friends, people who are very dear to me. But it was over very fast and suddenly I was back in the room and in my own body. It affected me so profoundly that I realized my life would never be the same again. It has definitely given me a new perspective on my career. (Stone found her brush with death from a brain aneurysm has given her a new lease of life)

70. I bake all the time, but I don't like to eat the cookies when they're done. I just like the dough.

71. I don't believe make up and the right hairstyle alone can make a woman beautiful. The most radiant woman in the room is the one full of life and experience.



72. Not in this lifetime. Why? Because I'm the only one she hasn't done it to. (When told Madonna has said she wants to kiss her)

73. We Barbie dolls are not supposed to behave the way I do.

74. Carole Lombard, Clark Gable, Ginger Rogers, Fred Astaire - that was my idea of what it was supposed to be like. I thought: "Well, I can do that even if no one else does." Who cares? I dress up to show that I am happy and grateful to be there. That's what you do where I come from. I don't feel like saying: "f... you." I feel like saying: "thank you."

75. I thought when I made my first big mistakes in public that that was really going to be the end of me. My parents cried. My friends were desperate.



76. It would walk into the room and eat you, or take you for a ride through a fabulous jungle - or it could slap the living daylights out of you, laugh, and leave. (on fame)

77. If you don't want my peaches, don't shake my tree.

78. I have this philosophy that money talks and cash screams.

79. After you've been through all that stuff, the rest of this is just kid's stuff. As Winston Churchill says: "When you're going through hell, keep going."




80. People get very hung up on whether they gave birth…I've come to understand that it's not who "has" you, but who loves you that shapes you as a person.

81. Peace does exist. It exists in your heart and soul.

82. I'm more honest, more true, more vulnerable because I used to think that I was supposed to be fearless. Now I know that its okay to be afraid as long as you show up.




83. The villain is like a cobra. They watch, they watch, they watch. And then they strike.

84. Celebrity is a pretty stunning thing. At first I was like: "They love me! Oh, I love them, too!" And suddenly, I was tap-dancing on my pedestal and it was WHACK! Facedown in the dirt.

85. By the time the film is released, I will be 48 and I wanted to do the nudity in a way that's quite brazen. I wanted her to be very masculine, like a man in a steam room and I wanted the audience to have a moment where they realize she's naked and then realize that she's a forty something woman and naked. Because we're not used to seeing that in movies. We're used to seeing Sean Connery and his granddaughter, you know what I mean? Or Mel Gibson and his daughter. (Talking about Basic Instinct 2 (2006))

86. My mother gave me a jar of Avon Rich Moisture Cream when I was 14. She said: "Don't ask me why; you'll thank me later". (Woman's World, 4-11-06)

87. In this business there is Plan A, in which you become successful by living and acting with a lot of integrity. Then there's Plan B, where you sell your soul to the Devil. I still find it hard to distinguish one from the other.

88. I've really given up my life to God, and I know that's why I'm OK and at peace. I've never had a conflict when I'm praying on a set.

89. I've been at this so long that I knew everyone in the business long before I became famous, and I didn't have any value to many of them. Now, suddenly, the people who were coarse and rude to me before treat me as though we've never met, and now I'm fabulous, they're fabulous and isn't it fabulous we're chatting.

90. My children need to have someone they can look up to, someone they can look at and say: "Gee, I'd like to be just like him". So I don't want to just bring some schmuck around them. When I meet people I have to think about are they going to be a good example for my sons.

 
91. For the first half of your life, you get the face that you're born with. And for the second half you get the face you deserve. And it's important to recognize the beauty within you and allow it to grow by being the greater person that you can be.




92. People are just sitting there going: "I don't care what she's saying, I just want to know does she get naked in the movie? Is she naked? Nude nude nude naked, do I see her boobies?" (during a Basic Instinct 2 (2006) press conference.)

93. At 47, you have thoughtfulness and dignity and spiritual elegance…You have something to say. It's not just: "Hi! I look terrific in a bathing suit."



94. When you've had a long career, nobody has not made movies that aren't successful, it's your job, not a hobby.

95. Being professional in what I do is very important to me. Flakes don't make it to the top, pros do. Acting is a tough scene that becomes your whole life and to survive in that kind of environment you must be humane and honest.

96. I was this cute young girl with a nice ass who was a terrible actress. But I've worked real hard to become a good actress and now I think I'm starting to reap the benefits of that hard work. (from a 1990 interview)






97. I feel at great pain when the spotlight is on the death of 4,000 American soldiers, while 600,000 Iraqi deaths are ignored. War is not a movie, it is a tragedy of dead bodies, victims, the disabled, orphans, widows and the displaced. I feel sad when I realize how much truth is being changed or obscured in the American media.

98. TV is so different from the movies. It takes a lot of stamina because you work such long hours. It is really challenging. You are learning the next day's lines while you are shooting today's scenes. I found courage I never realized I had. I hope to do more.





99. Many actresses do that kind of shoot when they are in their early 20s but I didn't think I had anything to worry about so I decided to go for it. I was very pleased with the results and it was also nice to surprise a few people.


What do you think of Sharon Stone's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts